Yoga and Ayurveda for Weight Gain in Cancer. Most people are turning to yoga and Ayurveda to help them cope with physical, mental and emotional issues. These programs are very beneficial for those looking to boost the physical image and increase their confidence. However, you may not believe what Ayurveda does for cancer patients.
When fighting with cancer or when you are a cancer survivor, you lose weight rapidly. Yoga and Ayurveda and help you in different ways when it comes to gaining back your lost weight during and after cancer. Here are some things you can do for them to be effective.
Yoga for weight gain in cancer
Yoga is recommended for those who have issues with their metabolism, lack of appetite, stress and digestive system. These are the side effects of cancer patients. For effective yoga results in weight gain in cancer patients, here are some postures to try.
- Vajrasana or diamond pose: this yoga pose improves your appetite, digestion and blood circulation, in the end, helping with weight gain.
- Pawanmuktasana or wind-relieving pose: the poses rectify all your digestive problems and improve your appetite. It aids in weight gain during and after cancer period.
- Matsyasana or fish pose: excellent for improving nutrients absorption and digestions.
- Shavasana or corpse pose: if possible you should start with this pose because it always your body to relax and your mind to be at ease.
- Bhujangasana or cobra pose: Cobra pose strengthens your abdominal muscles and your back. It also improves your digestions during the cancer period.
- Sarvangasana or shoulder stand: shoulder pose regulates your thyroid function and improves metabolism leading to weight gain.
Ayurveda for weight gain in cancer
How can Ayurveda help with weight gain in cancer? Here is how.
- Add nuts and dry fruits to your diet: a few dates and figs in your milk will help increase your weight naturally.
- Add ghee to any food: ghee increases your appetite, improves and digestion and also increase your body tissues.
- Try ashwagandha: this herb is perfect for promoting weight gain. Mixing it with a glass of milk and organic sugar is very helpful.
Apart from the mentioned foods and hers, other things you can include in your diet include vegetables and salads, eat foods high in good fats and avoid junk. Together with yoga poses, you will be able to gain weight during and after your cancer treatment.